A. Match the word in the left-hand column with its OPPOSITE in the right-hand column:
- popular – unpopular
- happy – sad
- late – early
- strong – weak
- upstairs – downstairs
- true – false
- lower – higher
- hard – soft
- lost – found
- dirty – clean
B. Use the following expressions in sentences of your own:
1. be known as 5. in the past 9. be ashamed of
2. for the good of 6. after all 10. all day
3. play jokes on 7. on time
4. for a while 8. at night
- She is known as a good artist.
- We are planting trees for the good of nature.
- He plays jokes on his little brother.
- I can’t drink milk for a while.
- She worked hard in the past.
- After all, they couldn’t forgive him.
- I couldn’t wake up on time.
- She was ashamed of her less knowledge.
- We watched cartoon at night.
- I was busy all day.